How to Update your RICOH THETA
If you have not already install the RICOH THETA app for your desktop, you will need to install the application on your PC or Mac in order to update your RICOH THETA. Please download the app from the link below.
. Application icon should look like this.
Once you have downloaded and installed the THETA app, launch the app and follow these instructions.
*Be sure of the following before you begin:
- Be sure you are using the cable that was supplied with your SC2 as it has a built in power booster on the cabe.
- Be sure that you have a fully charged SC2
Updating the firmware:
- Start the basic app on your desktop
- Select [File] → [Firmware Update] in the menu on the top of your screen.
Connect the camera to the computer using the provided USB cable.
- Select OK
- Check the current version and available version, and select OK
Follow the steps on this screen:
- Disconnect the camera from the USB Cable
- Power the THETA SC2 off
- Power the THETA SC2 on
- The icons on the camera will flash indicating it's updating the firmware DO NOT POWER OFF until it is complete. and flash alternately on the OLED panel of the camera during the firmware update.
- When the icons stop flashing, the camera will power cycle and your update will be complete
- Fully insert the USB cable when connecting it.
- Do not disconnect the camera from the computer during the firmware file transfer.
- Do not turn off the power during the firmware update, as this may damage the camera.